I have officially been 21 years old for two weeks now( why did I decided to write this post after two weeks? Well, it was going to be after one but I got lazy…). So what has happened, now that I’ve reached the age of adulthood?
1. I got into a fight with my roommates, while sober. But I like to think of it as practice for when I’m not sober.
2. I’ve still officially never been drunk for a little over 21 years. I did have a couple of frou-frou drinks( e.g. Smirnoff Green Apple things and Mike’s Hard Lemonade) though.
3. I can own a gun,presumably for when I have fights with my roommates and I’m drunk. Or sober.
4. My humor has become much more macabre. See above.
5. Every ache and pain in my body feels like it needs immediate attention. It’s just practice for this new half of my life where you need to be wary of what happens to your body as you go south.
6. I called the bank and got my overdraft fees removed. Yeah, ’cause I’m just that adult-like!
7. I have decided that I’m definitely not an adult for the following reasons: toilet humor rends me handicapped, people tripping brings me joy, I make ill comments about anyone, I play more video games than I should, and I procrastinate like there’s no tomorrow(which is hard). There’s more, but I’m going to try to keep some of my “dignity.”
8. A couple of days ago, I spelled the word lightning “lightening.” I died a little inside. In my defense, it was on an on-screen keyboard. Come on, those things suck…
9. I know I had one for nine, but…
10. On the same subject, my memory is just not what it used to be. I now fully rely on post-its. EVERYWHERE.